Organization: AmazonClicks, Amazon
Role: Only designer (UX + Visual)
Problem: Most sellers who were using Product Ads weren't utilizing a free feature that would help them track how well their ads were doing
Measures for success: Increase in traffic to the page & increased use of feature
When I researched why customers weren't choosing to use this feature, I discovered an overly-complicated UI, leveraging highly technical terms that didn't align with the terms the customers were familiar with, nor with Google Analytics, which is what this feature is ultimately usually used with.
We were asking for the customer to have a highly-technical knowledge to manually enter information, when we knew (with very rare exception) what settings they needed. The foreign terminology and the high cognitive load were getting in the way of customers discovering this feature and then ultimately being able to use it.
I restructured and rewrote the entire page, optimizing for customers to be able to quickly get what they needed; the settings for Google Analytics, while still providing an improved way to customize tracking parameters for those customers who were the exception and needed to create specific customized settings.
I also rewrote the entire page, including the title and coordinating link in the top navigation, to leverage the terminology that the customer was used to and Google Analytics was already using. This was especially helpful for discoverability, since most customers didn't understand what "Link Macros" had meant.
We met our goals, but since this is an Amazon project, I can't share specific results.
2020 © Deana Jirak. Customizations & photography by Deana Jirak. | 2018 © Elvish. Original template by ThemesBoss.